We will pickup donations to help the Cherokee Heights Middle School food pantry on Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Last year was the food pantry’s first year in operation and the CMNNA volunteers conducted three successful collections. Especially appreciated was the variety of so many nonperishable food products. Below are items especially needed at this time, but any item is fine to donate. What you have in your own pantry is great!
Non perishable foods and products that are especially needed:
- Spaghetti sauce with meat, canned tuna and chicken, soups, vegetable oils and baking mixes.
- Personal care items: toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, shampoo.
- Paper goods: toilet paper, paper towels, tampons, sanitary napkins.
- Baby products: diapers, size 3 and up, baby wipes.
To indicate that you would like your donations to be picked up, please email email@example.com and leave your name, address and any special instructions you may have.
Bags or boxes should be at the bottom of your steps at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 19, 2019. In case of rain, bags can be on the porch or we will knock on your door to collect. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Information from the Cherokee Heights Middle School website below discusses the need for donations as well as times of the pantry’s operation.
- “Cherokee Heights Middle School opened its food pantry in the Fall 2018. The pantry will be open Tuesdays 3-4:30 p.m . and Fridays 8:15-10:15 a.m. for families and students to pick out fresh and non-perishable items. The pantry is staffed by Food for Thought volunteers. The Food to Home Program, where bags of food are delivered to families as identified by the social worker who can’t attend pantry due to limited transportation, started in the summer of 2019. For more information, contact Abby Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Food for Thought team at email@example.com.”