The Dudgeon-Monroe Neighborhood Association’s WATER Team invites you to a family friendly and free event. Bring your family, a friend, or neighbor. Meet neighbors from throughout the Watershed as we celebrate and learn about water stewardship.
CMNNA will be featuring the Warwick Way Gardens neighborhood project at the Lake Wingra Watershed Gathering.
Interact with people from 30 organizations committed to clean water needed by all life forms that share this planet. Learn about water stewardship practices. Leave with new ideas as we collectively ensure healthy lakes, streams, and the lands in-between.
- Participate in fun activities with nine activities for children.
- Engage with storyteller Andi Cloud, a member of the Ho-Chunk Nation.
- Enjoy art inspired by water research results.
- Renew your sense of connection among people, land, and water.
- Meet homeowners with rain gardens, rain barrels, and prairies instead of lawns as ways to keep water out of their basements while creating habitat for butterflies, insects, and animals.
- Talk with neighbors who plant prairies and greenspaces on public property.
- Talk with urban vegetable gardeners.
- Learn about climate justice, how climate change impacts Madison Lakes and ways to lessen effects.
- Learn about water management including ways to address flooding.
- Experience lake monitoring and tracking harmful chloride.
Supported by a subgrant from the UW-Madison Arboretum’s agreement with the Environmental Protection Agency. Additional funds from Wisconsin Environmental Initiative, Regent Neighborhood Association, Clean Lakes Alliance, Midvale Heights Neighborhood Association, Westmorland Neighborhood Association, Friends of Lake Wingra, Agrecol, and Marta Karlov. Logo courtesy of Colleen Manner, Madison Enterprise Center.