Primaries for Wisconsin’s spring election will take place on Tuesday, February 16, 2021. Voters will make several critical decisions, including narrowing the field of candidates vying to be the next Wisconsin State Superintendent of Public Instruction. The pool consists of seven contenders. The primary election will reduce that number to two – with a final outcome decided during the spring election on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
Meet the WI State Superintendent of Public Instruction Candidates (click on a candidate’s name to view their website)
- Sheila Briggs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Fenrick, email@example.com
- Troy Gunderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shandowlyon Hendricks-Williams, email@example.com
- Deborah Kerr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Krull, email@example.com
- Jill Underly, firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the State Superintendent position, all City of Madison Alders and the City of Madison Municipal Judge will be up for election this spring. Seats 1 and 2 of the Madison Metropolitan School District Board of Education are also on the ballot – although both are unopposed.