Good Afternoon, Adopt-a-School Partners. As I shared last week, the Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools recently launched the School Supply project in order to get the supplies necessary for successful virtual learning to our students in their homes.
As promised, I am providing additional information about the volunteer opportunities available in support of this effort and would appreciate you sharing with your networks.
- Please sign up through this link to set up on Thursday, 9/10, at the Alliant Energy Center.
- Please sign up through this link to assemble supply kits on Friday, 9/11, at the Alliant Energy Center.
More information can be found through the links above, but here is a summary of the project:
September 10th and 11th Volunteer Days
- Goal: Assemble 2,500 school supply kits for Madison Metropolitan School District scholars
- Where: Alliant Energy Center, Exhibition Hall A
- Description: Pack school supply kits! Madison students are in urgent need of individual sets of school supplies to properly engage in virtual learning this fall. Education is one of the building blocks of community well-being and benefits all of us for generations. Sign up today for this project and help support our students. This volunteer opportunity will take place inside at Alliant Energy Center with social distancing. All volunteers must wear face masks.
- Parking/Entrance: Enter through the main gate off Rimrock Rd. and stay left to enter the “Staff Lane” (not the COVID-19 testing lane). Park in front of Exhibition Hall A. Enter through the loading dock and stop at the volunteer check-in table inside.
- When: Multiple shifts are available between 9:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 10 and between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 1. Shifts are brief so feel free to sign up for more than one shift, if you’d like.
- How can I or others sign-up for a volunteer shift?
- This is a community-wide initiative being led by the Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools
- To donate to the project, please visit: https://fmps.org/supplies/
Please be sure to let me know if you have any questions and thanks again!
Mary Bartzen | Community Partnerships Director
Foundation for Madison’s Public Schools
firstname.lastname@example.org | Direct: 237-7723 | Main: 232-7820
Visit Us at SchoolsMakeMadison.org for Details:
COVID Response and Virtual Learning Support &
Our School Supply Program Drive